Friday, May 14, 2010

Not the Puppy Channel

If you read the comments, I received one from the actual OWNER of the puppy channel. Who knew?
So Daniel, I did change the title of my WIDELY read blog--you see I have EIGHT whole followers. And by the way, I am not a literate gentleman. (that photo of me could have been a hint. Or do you all think I look like a gentleman?) And you cannot copyright a title. I assume that would pertain to a BLOG title. I could write a book and call it The Puppy Channel. Or a song. (I'll put them on my to-do list)

In any case it was not my intention to compete, directly or otherwise, with THE Puppy Channel.

Yours in cyberspace,

Chris(tine)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chris(tine),

Thanks for your courteous response and cooperation re The Puppy Channel(R) copyright.

And please forgive the gender confusion, due to my not looking more closely at your blog and the photo of you and your fuzzy buddy. Seems that most of the people called Chris I know are guys, and I made a rash assumption. We will heretofore refer to you as a "literate lady."

And, regarding copyright law, we delegate judgments about what's legal or not to our associates with the required degrees and licenses, and make assumptions based on whether use of our name can cause confusion among the puplic...er...public.

Given the high quality of your blog, we hope you will get as many readers as you want to, and wish you the best of luck in all things...including puppylove and the grownup kind.

Woof!

Dan FitzSimons
Managing Partner
CHANNEMALS LLC
Clearwater FL

Chris said...

Hi Daniel,
the best part about this genial back-and-forth is that I have now sent people (possibly more than eight of them!) to the actual Puppy Channel--it's a win-win.

Best,
Chris

Unknown said...

Thanks, Chris!

In case your readers are interested, what we do at thepuppychannel.com includes putting up what we try to make the "Best On The Web" puppy and dog videos every Friday morning on the home page, along with a More Videos link to a player full of clips from our original TV pilot show and those sent to us by puppylovers.

The Archives also show dozens of these weekly collections going back to summer of 2009.

So people can spend minutes or hours watching funny furry vids on The Puppy Channel(R) 24/7/365, and even add to the collection themselves.

We like your puppy fotos, too!

Woof!

Fitz

Pam said...

Well, Chris, actually you have at least NINE readers because for some reason I had originally started following it anonymously! Shhhh!!! Don't tell!

Anyhow, I am now a proud, public reader of your blog, and I ALSO visited thepuppychannel.com to see what their site looks like.

All good!