What I like about my dog: Everything.
Thursday, October 07, 2010
I just can't remember a nicer stretch of weather than what we've had for the past two weeks (yes, after a horrible, flooding, damaging rainy seige). Here is what I like a lot:
- Discovering that fields on either side of a road I travel frequently were planted in pumpkins. The orange globes just appeared the morning after our frost.
- The migrating warblers hopping branch to branch, so tiny.
- Combines and gleaners, and the stubble they leave behind.
- A maple tree that changed literally overnight from green to red and gold.
- Sweatshirts with shorts.
- The crisp clean air under high pressure.
- The last of the mosquitoes.
- Apples. Apple Crisp. Caramel apples.
- Seeing Jack's fall dapples fade as his winter coat starts to come in.
- A harvest moon.
- Frost on the Aframe that melts in time to play.
- Maggie's energy in the cooler weather.
- The way the midday sun feels so warm on your face.
- The first batch of stew.
- Post season baseball.
To be continued