Sunday, April 04, 2010

Waiting for Puppy

It's nearly midnight on a Sunday night. Maggie, Winn and I ran agility this weekend, TDAA-style, and I should asleep. Maggie's gone ahead to bed, Allen's upstairs too. Winn and I are on the computer--because a litter of corgi pups is being born right now and the news is coming ever so slowly for our impatient selves.
Winn's uncle "Beau" is the sire for this litter, which is being whelped in Arizona. As of right now, 6 of the 7 puppies have been born: 4 girls, 2 boys. We're third in line for a boy and so I am staying up a bit longer, hoping for more boys parts to appear!

Winn earned his Teacup Agility Dog Championship this weekend, so now he's gotten a Ch in three of the organizations. I am so proud of this wonderful dog! Teacup is a challenge--the distance between obstacles demands collection on Winn's part and handling on mine. Our teamwork has really come together in the past six months. Last week I was working on sending him to jumps 50' away, and today he had to maneuver serpentines about 3' between jumps.

Herding is going pretty well, too. We have moved back outside and I am anxious to see if our progress this winter in the arena will hold up once we're in the larger field.

So---Maggie is clearly not as excited about the prospect for a puppy. We know that a boy would be easier to incorporate into our pack. (Winn doesn't care, he just wants someone to PLAY with) If a male puppy isn't in the cards, I'll have to decide what to do. I so want a puppy from Beau!
I realize I am rambling tonight, as my thoughts are zinging around. Winn's calmly sleeping with his nose an inch away. How can he be so relaxed??

4 comments:

Chris said...

Eight puppies! 5 girls, 3 boys, and they are already cute. Really.

Megan said...

I was reading faster and faster... hoping for THREE boys!

YAY! Can't wait to see pictures of your new puppy!

Karissa said...

Yay for a third boy! :o) I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for pictures.

And congrats on Winn's TACH this weekend! I know how hard it is to bounce between the different organizations (so much so that I can't do TDAA for a while), so I'm definitely in awe!

afinstrom said...

You and you Corgis are really a inspiration. And a puppy! Oh My! What an awesome thing to look forward to. :-)