Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Of course she handled it!

Maggie had her first chemo injection today. She charmed everyone she met along the way, greeting the receptionists, the techs, anyone in the waiting room--with a bark and a smile. She thinks it's pretty lousy that there are no treats in the exam room, but sighed and waited until we we were all sure she wasn't going to have any adverse reaction to the drugs.

I am full of hope. The protocol has lots of positive things going for it, statisically. And I have Maggie. She is such a spunky dog. The view from Mushtown Road today is great--sunshine!

Tomorrow is a vacation day: Winn and I will play agility, then Maggie will supervise my packing for the puppy trip. I'm excited to meet DDare and his family, and then bring him home to meet mine.

Winn had a terrific herding lesson today, too. We're headed up to try an AHBA trial on Sunday, and then we're home for a while to tackle puppy training!

I am so lucky to have a support group! Allen is the best. My friends are here when I need them, and all our critters bring joy. My work colleagues are tremendously loving and forgiving of my need to take a long lunch to get Maggie squared away, and sending all manner of healing energy. And the care and concern from all our friends across the country is felt and appreciated so much.
It's pretty amazing how connected we really are.

4 comments:

mary said...

So happy to hear this Chris! Have a safe trip.

Snowpup said...

Go Maggie!! I'm thinking you can remind Mom frequently of the need for extra treats after your doctor visits. And before bed. And when you wake up. And when you are cute...

Megan said...

That's wonderful news to hear. I love your attitude. Maggie would conquer the world, with you, if she could.

afinstrom said...

Woot! Woot! Go team Mushtown! Glad to hear she's doing well with this Chris.